Category Archives: Heating Oil
Leicestershire police issue heating oil theft alert
Leicestershire Police is reminding heating oil users and businesses to secure their heating oil tanks as the peak theft period comes in. An analysis of heating oil thefts over the past two years has shown that police see an increase during May, late October and November.
Police would advise those who have oil tanks to take the following steps:
- Check the oil level on your tank on a regular basis;
- Fit an electronic oil gauge or heating oil tank alarm which will alert you if the oil level inside the tank drops;
- Use fencing or shrubs to hide your heating oil tank from view… remembering there are legally enforceable minimum clearance distances between heating oil tanks and adjacent structures;
- Consider installing CCTV cameras;
- Fit a strong lock to the tank;
- If your oil tank is in an outbuilding keep the building locked;
- Install dusk to dawn security lighting;
Good afternoon readers,
We have our new website finally up and running, hopefully you’ll be noticing a lot of differences and making it easier to navigate/use.
Just a quick note to tell you what we do as a company, were a heating oil buying group. Who order heating oil in bulk and then pass the savings down to the customers.
So if you’d like to save a pretty penny today, join us now.